To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Institutional Research Analyst - Temporary Position (9-month contract)
Corporate Planning & Institutional Research Office
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Manager, Institutional Research, the incumbent plays a major role in the Institutional Research Department in the development, coordination, data collection, data management, analysis, and report writing for regular and ad-hoc research projects. The position is responsible for coordinating assigned research and evaluation projects; collecting qualitative and quantitative data, assembling data and/or manipulating raw data from primary and secondary data sources, analyzing data (including use of inferential statistics), interpreting data, and developing reports and summaries (including graphical summaries) of research findings. Responsibilities will include but not limited to: providing consulting support to academic and administrative departments in the design and conduct of research projects and/or evaluation initiatives; collecting, compiling, analyzing and interpreting complex data for research related projects; assisting with development and/or selection of surveys (online or paper-based) and with the collection of primary data; coordinating the annual Student Satisfaction KPI Surveys; collaborating with the Student Satisfaction Committee to coordinate assessment projects and facilitate discussions of assessment and research findings across the College. The position is responsible for building stakeholder relationships and working collaboratively with management across the College; providing technical expertise and facilitating implementation of approved corporate business improvement initiatives related to and impacting the College’s strategic direction and changing business needs.
- Coordinates and conducts research and evaluation projects, including assisting with the development of research designs and strategies for data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Applies inferential statistics to draw accurate conclusions for a given research project and develops written reports and summaries based on research findings, including graphical summaries of findings.
- Retrieves data from the College’s Banner database, student data warehouse and applications data from OCAS database for analysis, research and report writing and internal or external data requests.
- Plans and coordinates the Student Satisfaction KPI surveys annually, including monitoring compliance with survey protocol and ensuring Ministry deadlines for the surveys are achieved.
- Develops online or paper-based surveys; works with internal stakeholders (managers, College committees, etc.) to define research goals, project scope and translates these into questionnaire items for surveys or protocols for focus groups.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts online surveys using College’s Banner system and external online survey tools (e.g. survey monkey).
- Manages and manipulates raw data from paper-based and online surveys, ensures data integrity and manages access for College stakeholders.
- Analyzes and interprets annual KPI results and trends to support school and department KPI action planning.
- Responds in a timely manner to ad-hoc requests for KPI data, analysis and report writing, and/or distribution of KPI data and research reports.
- Updates trend and comparative KPI reports and makes them available online to college community through departmental intranet site
- Provides guidance and support to internal College stakeholders for interpreting KPI results.
- Minimum three-year degree in disciplines such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Social Sciences or Business Administration and/or a post graduate certification in Research Analysis together with specialized professional qualifications that require a combination of formalized work and study.
- Minimum five years of work experience, preferably in an educational institution, with the ability to manage diverse research and analysis activities including research methods, questionnaire development and inferential statistical analysis.
- Advanced technical experience in the use of statistical software, such as SPSS.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and manage large datasets and databases using Access, Excel or Oracle.
- Superior oral, written and verbal presentation skills.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy to identify errors or inconsistencies in data and ensure accuracy in all research reports, summaries and analytical tasks.
- Superior planning and coordination skills to handle multiple projects and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, and networked computer systems (e.g., Banner/AIS, Windows, Microsoft Office, Crystal, Oracle, Cognos, Internet, College Websites).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver quality work in a high volume or pressure office.
- Proven problem-solving, analytical and interpretive skills to analyze business needs and user requirements to plan projects and/or design solutions.
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Temporary Support Staff – 9 month contract (April 2013 until December 2013), Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by March 18, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-07 Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$29.12 to $33.80 (Payband H)