To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Marketing and Communications Officer
||Story Arts Centre
Story Arts Centre
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Dean, the Marketing and Communications Officer is singularly responsible for developing and executing all aspects of the school’s marketing and communications plan. The incumbent, in collaboration with the school management and faculty, creates an annual plan that will increase awareness of the school and all programs for potential students and within the communications, media and design community. He/she then plans all related events and activities and oversees all web material, and social media published and used on behalf of the school and all integrated marketing communications print materials.
- Developing and executing the Story Arts Centre brand and brand strategy, including project specific brand strategies and campaigns, online marketing initiatives, print and advertising campaigns including special student projects in on-line and print publications: including the creative-writing and working with designers.
- Developing and executing all PR, media relations and publicity campaigns including creating media relations and positioning strategy, writing press releases, and key formal school and industry related announcements
- Developing and managing the Story Arts Centre marketing budgets
- Conducting ongoing research and analysis of the school’s position in the current marketplace and determining key USP at all times
- Developing and executing all new recruitment and program launch activities internal and external to the college: strategy development;, writing and creative direction of advertising campaigns; program fact sheets; course calendars; view-book and brochures; social media and website content and development, in consultation with the Dean, SCMD management team, program faculty, SCMD web developer and the college’s Marketing and Communications Dept.
- Researching key external outreach opportunities beyond existing relationships via the Dean, management, program faculty and the college’s Recruitment Department (i.e. target feeder schools, etc.)
- Managing the campaign implementation process and liaising with internal and external collaborators
- Advising on and determining best media buy packages in consultation with the Dean, based on research of key demographic and attainable markets
- Negotiating and liaising with internal and external designers, vendors, and content creators-in video, photography, and media platforms
- Developing and executing the Dean’s newsletter writing copy, sourcing quality images, page design and audience development etc.
- Developing and executing the direction for all SCMD special events in collaboration with the school’s management, program faculty, the appropriate college departments, and vendors
- Attending education fairs on behalf of SCMD and collaborating with program faculty, SCMD management and the college’s Recruitment Department to select best off campus fairs and events to attend
- Targeted marketing and communications with new corporate partners with specific targets
- 3-year diploma/degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Advertising or equivalent field of study OR the equivalent combination of education and practical work related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a position responsible for brand planning, marketing research and marketing communications as well as developing marketing, social media and communications plans. Direct experience in marketing/public relations within the higher education sector preferred.
- Experience planning and preparing content for a variety of marketing materials, including demonstrated evidence of excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills for web and print.
- Experience representing an organization in a variety of situations such as, meeting with potential clients and business partners, or presentations at education/business fairs.
- Demonstrated evidence of effective collaboration with stakeholders and designers, including managing production schedules and collaborative editing/approval pipelines with tight timelines and deadlines
- Experience planning and managing events specifically aimed at cultivating industry, community and education partners
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
||Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by March 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #14-S-20. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$34.82 to $40.37 per hour (Payband J)