To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Student Financial Services Clerk
Student Financial Services
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Student Financial Services Manager, the Student Financial Services Clerk’s responsibilities supports the success of students through the provision of advisory and consultative financial services that facilitate the achievement of student’s academic goals.
- Research, review and possess the knowledge of all available student financial aid services and products federally, provincially and at the College to support student success by ensuring student have access to all available financial educational resources.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service while working within the strictest confines of confidentiality to secure student’s, spouses and parents personal, private information with respect to Ontario Student Assistance Program and College policies and government Freedom of Information regulations.
- Enter data to MTCU AS400, One-key and College Banner/Aid software to make adjustments to student OSAP and other financial records
- Provide quality in-person front line advising, disbursements and general service to students in accordance with their eligibility, needs and expectation
- Act as a backup to other Student Financial Services staff due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Receives and analyzes for error, a variety of OSAP student transactions, address/phone revisions
- Utilize the Ontario Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators List-serve, MTCU’s Institutional Website, MTCU’s policies and procedures and the College Banner/Aid software in addition to myCentennial, and the Intranet/internet sites, to access all data for entry, retrieval, update, and review as required
- Electronically confirms enrolment for OSAP, releases OSAP grant/bursary cheques received from MTCU, records release to students,
- Provide support to MTCU OSAP and OSAP Bursary Inspections as required
- Filing and other duties as assigned
- 2 year diploma in Business or Business Administration or equivalent OR the equivalent combination of education and work experience in similar fields
- Certificate in Data Control, preferred
- 2 years of experience in a computerized office environment in a responsible, clerical position
- Working knowledge of Ontario Student Assistance Program programs assessment and appeals circumstances
- Demonstrated working knowledge of AS400, One-key and Banner/Aid, records retrieval and data entry
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Access, Power Point, Excel, etc
- Proven ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding student data ( in accordance with college policies and procedures and with the Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act), and commitment to protecting the security of information systems access codes
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, conflict resolution, analytical and communication skills
- Experience and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by August 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-40. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$21.48 to $24.87 per hour (Payband D)