To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Ergonomics Specialist (Safety, Health and Wellness)
||Reporting to the Senior Manager, Safety, Health and Wellness, the Ergonomics Specialist supports the organization to prevent musculoskeletal injuries by ensuring all Centennial College work environments are as ergonomic as possible. The specialist will also work with other members of the Safety, Health and Wellness team by managing an active caseload of ergonomic and occupational injury files. The ergonomist uses a holistic approach and will ensure that physical, cognitive, social, organization, and other relevant factors are taken into account when making recommendations regarding the design or modification to a workstation
- Provide proactive ergonomic interventions and training for employees to reduce risk of injury and enhance employee well-being and productivity.
- Research solutions and provide objective advice to Disability Management Consultants, Safety Specialists, Facilities and Services, Department Managers, Union Representatives and other internal Centennial College teams to ensure people with functional limitations are safely accommodated in the workplace and to support evidence-informed modifications to the workplace to minimize the potential for injuries and illnesses.
- Provide incident investigation support by assessing individual and departmental workstations and work areas in follow-up to ergonomic-related incident reports.
- Conduct objective Physical Demands Assessments on jobs and build/maintain a searchable database of all Centennial jobs
- Work with the safety team to identify ergonomic hazards that exceed objective ergonomic safe working guidelines and work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop effective solutions to mitigate the hazards wherever possible.
- Provide objective recommendations to the Disability Management Consultants (through PDA/FAF job Matching Reports) to ensure employee functional abilities can be accommodated to support early and safe return to work programs and/ or permanent accommodations.
- Provide job coaching support for employees who are returning to work to ensure they are able to work safely and avoid re-injury.
- Support the delivery, development, and maintenance of the Centennial College Healthy Workplace, MSD prevention program, maintaining the website, delivery and organization of training programs, featured workshops, promotion and champion of activities.
- Develops, delivers, and monitors the effectiveness of Wellness initiatives and programs to improve employee health and well-being.
- Work with the Safety Team to research, create and integrate safe working procedures relating to but not limited to Equipment, Work Practices, and Building Design.
- Provide ergonomic training for employees and managers.
- Provide assistance and advice on the selection of ergonomically sound furniture, workspace and equipment.
- Claims management for ergonomic and occupational injury files.
- Kinesiology or Human factors Degree
- Must be eligible for CCPE/CPE certification
- 5 years prior experience with ergonomic assessments and caseload management of occupational injuries.
- Experience with program and training development
- Working knowledge of accommodation practices
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships, gain credibility and influence across all levels of the organization
- Active listening skills and the ability to identify needs and requirements, as well as create an action plan and deliver results
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Effective, clear, and precise communication skills, written, verbal and presentations
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgments is essential
- Professional, diplomatic approach when working across all functional groups
- Ability to work independently and with various levels and groups within an organization as well as contribute as part of a team
- Proficiency with MS office suite
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Administration
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by February 1, 2013. Please quote Competition #13-A-01. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.