To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||NSERC Energy Innovation Manager (1 year contract)
Applied Research and Innovation Centre (ARIC)
The NSERC Energy Innovation Manager will serve, on behalf of the Director, ARIC, as the Project and Administration Manager of several new NSERC CCI projects. This position is offered as a 1-year contract with an option to renew for subsequent 1-year terms for up to 4 years depending on the availability of NSERC funding. The role focuses on the start-up, execution and completion of major NSERC CCI-funded projects in Building Regional R&D Capacity in Emerging Technologies for a Carbon-Constrained Economy, that ARIC is undertaking in partnership with Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). The main responsibilities include project management over all phases from plan, design, development/execution, monitoring and tracking, to satisfaction of completion criteria and post-project review; opportunity management including lead generation and opportunity identification for innovation; contract management; and relationship management with multiple project participants and stakeholders. Skills include grant application writing and critiquing; marketing; finance reporting and budget analysis with corrective intervention, if necessary; superior communication skills. Knowledge and experience cover best practices in all aspects of management and administration, research and technology transfer in the college and/or university environment, business experience and project collaborations with SMEs, and handling multi-party interests in Intellectual Property.
- Manages, oversees and monitors all phases for each of the NSERC CCI projects including, without limitation, writing the project plan, recruiting the project team, allocating resources for both staff and facilities, writing the Statement of Work, setting up a detailed schedule of deliverables and milestones, managing start-up and execution with a kick-off meeting followed by regular project meetings and status reports, managing risk, issues and changes, tracking and compiling performance metrics, writing interim and final reports, obtaining sign-offs at project completion and conducting post-project reviews with recommendations for process improvement.
- Manages identification and lead generation for additional opportunities in innovation for Building Regional R&D Capacity in Emerging Technologies for a Carbon-Constrained Economy to fulfill ARIC’s mandate for the NSERC CCI projects. Builds on previous collaborative project phases, on-going or completed or still to be executed, between ARIC and SMEs sponsored by the NSERC CCI funding. Creates project definitions for follow-on or new start-up projects, ensuring buy-in by all potential project team members, SME partners and stakeholders. Proceeds with full deployment of project management discipline for approved projects.
- Manages and directs administration of the NSERC CCI projects including, without limitation, in-take and assessment of project proposals; creation and signing of contract Agreements with SME partners and monitoring to ensure the terms and conditions are met; budget allocation (e.g. salaries and equipment) and sign-offs; hiring of project team members (e.g. students) and managing work effort; reports and status updates; and proactive initiatives for enhancements and improvements to project results and deliverables as lead-in to future innovation projects for ARIC and SMEs.
- Provides leadership to ARIC and the College community by communicating and advocating the value of applied research, demonstrating success of partnerships with SMEs with concrete results in commercialization, and engaging faculty, staff and students as active participants on the NSERC CCI project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with excellent work experience. M.Sc. or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in management and administration of technically complex projects related to Science and/or Engineering. PMI certification is preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in academia, government, or business experience in a technology company, with proven marketing skills and prior experience managing direct reports.
- Successful candidates require minimum 3 years experience in innovation and research with industry partnerships; technology transfer; Intellectual Property management; and writing, negotiating and managing contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in grant application writing and critiquing skills is a must.
- Skill in decision making, client and stakeholder relationships, motivating and leading teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet competing deadlines.
- Well-rounded oral and written communication skills required to engage and present to all levels of the College, College committees, external stakeholders and Government representatives.
- Knowledge and experience in working effectively in a highly diverse environment.
||Contract - Administration
|Additional Information as Applicable
||1 year full-time contract; this position may also accommodate part-time hours
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
If you are qualified for this position, please apply as soon as possible. Your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by August 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-A-12. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||To be negotiated based on the work experience