To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Manager, Training and Business Development
||Off-Shore, Melbourne Australia
||International Business Development
Working from the Port Melbourne office of the Australia and Asia Pacific Operations, the incumbent will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Acquire and develop a customer base
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with area business, industry and professional organizations to include pursuing business opportunities
- Initiating and coordinating activities involving sales of corporate training and services
- Coordinating, and reviewing activities in sales and service accounting, budgeting and recordkeeping
- Planning, developing, marketing and implementing courses, seminars and workshops in response to the workforce learning needs of local business and industry
- Operation and delivery of projects including securing corporate training and partnership opportunities within the private and public sectors
- Collaborating with other areas of the College to develop opportunities, products and services
- Conducting research to determine new sources of opportunities and partnerships
- Preparing proposals, operational plans, contracts/agreements and major project reports
- Establish cooperative relationships with business, industry, academic Schools and training institutions.
- Prospect for new customers within the territory and the scope of activity
- Research, identify and analyze possible partnership opportunities to determine the College’s expertise in the area and the project’s viability; provide recommendations consistent with the goals of the College
- Provide support in development of business cases/plans for new partnership and business opportunities including operational budgets
- Plan, recruit and monitor corporate training project staff; manage contracted projects to ensure achievement of contract goals and enhancement of the College’s reputation
- Monitor expense and revenue budgets for each project, contract, or agreement
- Prepare project proposals, operational plans, contracts and major project reports
- Lead or support development and scheduling of courses
- Schedule regular visits to customer/partners in the region to discuss training needs (maintaining standards for the region) and training issues under instructions of the Regional Manager
- Liaise with Australian Automotive Industry and Partners for technical and non-technical training needs and requirements
- Develop and manage training schedules based on contracted needs
- Manage the user and availability of instructors in an accountable way
- Coordinate the logistics of mobile training, i.e.; locations, instructors’ availability, vehicles for training, tools/training kits, as well as travel arrangements for instructors
- Attend regular departmental meetings with instructor staff
- Manage and develop the current structure (Office/systems/personnel, etc.)
- Organize and coordinate the accreditation of CTI as an RTO (Registered Training Organization) in the best possible time frame
- 4 Year Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Education, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years experience working in a post secondary environment and/or business related to Corporate Training sales and management
- Experience in negotiating and financial management of projects and budgets
- Marketing skills and experience which includes effective marketing planning, development of strategies and supporting materials, presentations, public speaking and working within diverse communities and multicultural settings
- Experience instructing in a variety of venues (college/university classroom, corporate training seminars), to a variety of students/clients (young adults, mature adults, adults with disabilities, corporate clients) in a variety of sectors
- Demonstrated strong sales and selling skills, creating leads and managing accounts
- Proficiency in PC software including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Australia and occasionally overseas
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide range of constituents, faculty, students, business representatives, government representatives, and educators
- Background in Automotive Training Administration preferred
- Background in the Automotive industry preferred
- Cert. IV in training and assessment
- Familiarity with local automotive market behaviors
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online. Please quote Competition #13-A-21. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.