To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
For more information, visit our website at wwww.centennialcollege.ca/careers.
||Benefits Assistant, Human Resources
Human Resources Department
Appendix D – One year contract starting December 3, 2012
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Manager of Compensation and working directly with the Benefits Consultant, the Benefits Assistant ensures that the College’s benefits records are accurate and up-to-date, answers routine enquiries from College employees/retirees and is responsible for generating and submitting monthly group insurance premiums to the benefits carrier. Incumbent also assists Benefits Consultant to produce and disseminate communications to employees/retirees.
- Administers Partial Load employee benefits entitlements by working directly with the employees to explain plan eligibility entitlements, coverage levels, premium sharing
- Ensures correct completion of enrolment forms by employees
- Tracks Partial Load service for ongoing benefit eligibility and bridging, ensuring timely enrollment, premium arrears collection
- Maintains Benefits information systems and file documentation by ensuring complete and up to date database on three systems: payroll, direct debit and Sun Life Plan Sponsor system.
- Provides consultative and client–responsive service to active employees, retirees and survivors enrolled in the group benefit plans
- Prepares and submits monthly premium billing for insurance carriers
- Assembles and distributes new employee/retirement benefit information packages
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 year diploma or degree in Human Resources Management OR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Professional) considered an asset
- 2 years of demonstrated previous experience in benefits administration, (experience in a multi-union environment would be considered an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Proven working knowledge of HRIS as part of an enterprise-relational database system
- Knowledge of Sun Life Plan Sponsor Service is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well developed client service and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem resolution expertise
- Ability to interpret and apply benefit legislation, policy and collective agreement language for effective and consistent service delivery
- Proven ability to handle sensitive benefit information and issues tactfully and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to develop and oversee the maintenance of record-keeping systems, both manual and electronic
- Proven ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision and set priorities
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current shift schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by November 15, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #12-S-62 . Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$24.91- $28.88 (Payband: F)