To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Distance Learning Coordinator
School of Continuing Education
(This position is initially open to full-time bargaining unit members of the college)
Reporting to the Chair, the incumbent is responsible for the administration of a Distance Learning portfolio within the School of Continuing Education. The Distance Learning coordinator provides administrative support to approximately 500 courses per semester (plus monthly intake courses) and is responsible to support the growth of the distance education portfolio within the College. The incumbent coordinates all aspects of distance learning program delivery and provides excellence in customer service to the public, clients, students, teachers, colleagues, and partners including OntarioLearn and others.
Administration of portfolio:
- Demonstrate an understanding of delivery platforms and educational methodologies related to on-line learning, including proficiency in Desire2Learn, Blackboard, First Class, Moodle and other learning management systems, as required
- Co-ordinate approximately 500 courses, and 1500 students, per semester with continual monthly intakes.
- Assign and monitor the work of temporary and part-time students or assistant(s) in distance learning to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all CE courses have course outlines in accordance with current standards and when required are standardized with post-secondary programs
- Ensure that the CE calendar copy for all distance education courses that fall under the area of responsibility is accurately prepared and submitted well in advance of due dates
- Provide recommendations to Chair on current trends and market needs.
- Promote distance learning in both the college’s internal and external communities
- Ensure course offerings, grades, and changes are loaded into Banner to meet deadlines
- Load Banner and course content into course shells for upcoming course offerings
- Input and maintain textbook requirements including publication of list on DL website
- Coordinate and invigilate group exam nights/weekends for all Distance Learning in-person exams
- Prepare and approve proctoring requests for students writing exams outside the GTA, including online and print-based exams. Ensure exam materials are received by proctor in a timely manner
- Provide technical support, including implementation and effective application of multimedia, learning objects, and other educational technologies
- Support the implementation of course delivery shells by setting up courses; loading data into templates, customizing courses and editing content.
- Represent College at OntarioLearn Coordinators’ meetings
- Migrate online courses from e-Centennial to OntarioLearn to online template, ensuring consistency and compliance to OL standards
- Liaise with Embanet (OL’s technical provider) for administration/technical issues for e-learning courses
- Train new faculty on e-learning platforms and the development of e-learning curriculum (occasional)
- Input and maintain accuracy of course information on Contact North and OL websites and e-portal (OL’s database)
- Resolve student issues specific to the on-line environment (e.g. educating students to proper online etiquette, how to submit assignments, how to do group work) and with students registered at another OL college in a Centennial hosted course and escalate serious issues to Chair
- Co-ordinate and implement faculty planning and training sessions
- Communicate with distance learning faculty on an ongoing basis to ensure they receive up to date information on policies, processes and activities/events.
- Resolve technical problems with faculty
- Provide technical support, and ensure course availability and accuracy on Desire2Learn or Blackboard for Centennial on-line courses.
- Schedule faculty/course evaluations and share results
- Ensure on-line and print based faculty are marking material in a timely manner and are appropriately trained in Distance Learning processes and procedures.
- Ensure that students receive appropriate course materials or information on accessing online learning platforms on a timely basis.
- Resolve technical problems with students
- Provide technical assistance to students having difficulty with the online learning platforms.
- Ensure that the students understand the unique timelines/policies of print based and online learning
- Respond to student inquiries, student needs, student concerns/complaints in a respectful customer-sensitive and appropriate manner, taking cognisance of policy, process and procedure.
- Ensure that students and prospective students are provided with high quality “customer service” by marketing/promoting the courses. Advise as to course similarities and differences; identify prerequisites, motivates students through regular contact and deal with issues related to students and instructors.
- Coordinate the exam schedule to ensure that students are able to complete their course examination requirements. Provide students with the ability to select, register, and confirm exam dates.
- Three year degree or diploma in Business or Information Technology OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years experience gained as team player in a service oriented office environment using a variety of computer software packages.
- Proficiency in web-based internet technologies, computer fundamentals, Blackboard, Moodle, and Desire2Learn
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and customer service skills,
- Demonstrated understanding of the online course development process and implementation within management systems (Desire2Learn).
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Rotation: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and 12:00 pm –8:00 pm; occasional weekend work at peak periods
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-12. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$29.12 to $33.80 per hour (Payband H )