To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Health and Safety Manager
Safety, Health and Wellness, Human Resources Department
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Safety, Health and Wellness, the Health and Safety Manager provides guidance in the development and implementation of Health and Safety management system to support a safety culture at Centennial College. This position will play an integral role in supporting the college’s commitment to establishing a safe, healthy and wellness oriented workplace and will assign and monitor work of Health and Safety Consultants.
- Develop and implement Health and Safety policies, procedures, practices, guidelines, standards, tools and materials
- Assign and monitor the work of two Health and Safety Consultants in ensuring administration of required projects, accident investigations and daily operational elements.
- Work collaboratively with other college community members including Facilities and Security on projects to ensure that health and safety risks are addressed at the college. Participate on various college committees.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Health and Safety Risk Assessments are performed and kept current and working with schools and departments to address gaps on risk control measures.
- Facilitate workplace inspections, incident investigations and directing procedures associated with maintenance, operations and contracted work
- Communicate regularly with Deans, department managers, coordinators on health and safety issues
- Implement health and safety compliance audit process, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Joint Health and Safety committees to ensure that the College meets its legal obligations on workplace inspections and meeting frequencies. Develop JHSC competence and skill set to assist in risk assessment process and identification of safety issues at sites
- Review accident and incident investigation reports and advise on prevention and work in collaboration with managers to develop and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety Provincial and Federal requirements
- Direct and actively participate in ongoing, proactive employee education; to promote health and safety policies and procedures as well as to develop and deliver safety training programs. Design, develop and contribute content to Safety Health and Wellness newsletter and other publications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of legislative requirements and industry standards on workplace safety.
- Attend legal proceedings on behalf of the college as required and act as an official representative to the Ministry of Labour and Ministry of the Environment inspectors while on site.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and / or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated 5-7 years of progressive experience in development and implementation of Health and Safety programs, preferably in an educational institution setting
- Demonstrated experience in a management/leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S, OHSA, Provincial and Federal regulations as well as working knowledge of WSIB rules and regulations
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven problem solving, planning, time management and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Related safety accreditation including CRSP would be an asset
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Administration
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by December 17, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #12-A-21. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$66,604 to $83,254 (Payband 10)