To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Digital Marketing Specialist (Part-time)
Business Development Division
Digital marketing has become a key component of Business Development Divisions (BDD) information sharing, education and recruitment efforts. The Division requires an expert in digital marketing to provide the insight and experience necessary to leverage digital tools to effectively and accurately gauge audience responses to BDD’s messages across various platforms.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing BDD’s online marketing and promotional strategies, email automation, including social media and SEO/SEM.
This position also provides expertise in digital measurement of marketing campaigns, and closely monitors and optimizes the Division’s online search rankings. The Digital Marketing Specialist must stay current on emerging digital communications methods, platforms and technologies, in order to help raise the Division’s digital awareness. The incumbent will provide ongoing benchmarking and analysis of market and competitive landscapes, along with innovative approaches to building BDD’s public digital profile for current and future students, as well as other external stakeholders. This includes assisting in the development of social media action plans for all suitable platforms and identifying strategies for social media rollout opportunities that align with the Division’s key messaging and mission
- Execute the Division’s digital marketing initiatives, including email, social media, web marketing and advertising.
- Develop web content that is search engine optimized.
- Review digital business and consumer trends among similar institutions within the Division sector, as well as not-for-profit institutions in other sectors.
- Provide insight and expertise to the BDD community about successfully leveraging digital platforms for communications, recruitment and promotional purposes.
- Identify emerging digital media tactics/tools and adapt the Division’s practices to capitalize on new opportunities to communicate key messages.
- Conduct in-depth keywords and other digital marketing metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 year diploma or equivalent in Social Media Marketing, Digital Media Marketing or Interactive Marketing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience writing digital media content and developing plans; gathering market data; keep updated on industry trends and communication platforms; using site analytics tools, e.g. Google Analytics, .
- Experience planning, organizing, problem solving and project coordination and knowledge of electronic media production and distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, solve problems under pressure within a public environment and maintain a professional and invitational attitude at all times.
- Experience managing, monitoring and scheduling large values of work; analyzing and thinking creatively in response to new problems or situations independently as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional English communication skills and the ability to interact
- Cross-cultural communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse and wide range of constituents, faculty, students, business representatives, government representatives, other educators
|Hours of Work
||Part-Time up to 24 Hours
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM, specific days to be determined
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-66. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$21.93 to $ 27.41 per hour (RE-515)