To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Professor - Economics, Accounting and Financial Services
School of Business
The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses to students in the Ontario Colleges Accounting and Financial Services programs offered at Centennial College in the School of Business. The candidate will teach courses to students in Diploma, Certificate, Graduate Certificate and the proposed degree programs within the School.
Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Masters Degree in Economics
- PHD degree
- Accounting designation (CGA/CMA/CA) is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in teaching Economics, Accounting and Financial Services courses at the Diploma, Graduate and Bachelor’s level of studies
- Significant experience in economic analysis, accounting and/or in the financial services industry
- Experience in course or learning materials development
- Experience in applied research
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a team
- A demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse student population, staff and college community
||Permanent - Academic
Apply online by clickin the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-F-40. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||As per Academic Collective Agreement