To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Field Placement Coordinator (Part Time)
School of Community and Health Studies
The Field Placement Coordinator is required to recruit, confirm and organize field placement opportunities for Social Service Worker (SSW), Community Development Work (CDEV), and Developmental Service Worker (DSW) students. This position is also depended upon to grow, extend and strengthen field placement agreements with external organizations so that SSW, CDEV and DSW students have access to suitable and supportive placements.
||Under administrative direction of the Department Chair, Community Services, the individual is responsible for the following functions:
- Assuring suitable and adequate field placements are available with external organizations for the students of Social Service Worker (SSW), Community Development Work (CDEV), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) programs and ensuring on an ongoing basis that actual placements are organized and proceed according to legal, contractual and academic requirements.
- Manage the on-going relationships with external field placement providers and undertaking any activities which promotes and enriches such relationships
- Respond to any issues which may arise related to field placement and assure their resolution and reporting as required. (NOTE: Academic issues will be referred to program faculty)
- Identify potential field placements and establish appropriate agreements and relationships which favour the learning experience and expected outcomes for students.
- Maintain an active outreach presence in support of existing and potential field placement and ensuring Department Chair and Program Coordinators are made aware of status, issues and opportunities.
- Facilitate the match between students’ skill level and requirements of practicum placements (in consultation with the academic program coordinators) confirming placement arrangements for each student
- Match College Field Supervisors with students
- Maintain an up-to-date database with all placement agency information.
- Collaborate on revising Student, Agency, and Faculty handbooks on an annual basis.
- Manage a system (in collaboration with the Academic Program Coordinators) to assure that all Community Services students have signed WSIB forms and provided Police Reference Checks prior to visiting agencies and/or beginning field placements
- Identify students with active Police Records and work with the agency to facilitate the inclusion of these students in field related experiences whenever possible
- SSW, CDEV or DSW diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Goal setting and achievement oriented, with skills in retention/stewardship and relationship building
- Positive, flexible, energetic and professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven flexibility, cooperation and willingness to share ideas and information to enhance team building with others
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including database management
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment.
|Hours of Work
||Part-Time up to 24 Hours
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by January 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM . Please quote Competition #13-A-20 . Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$24.29 - $30.33