To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
For more information, visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
||Professor – Practical Nursing Diploma Program (4 positions)
School of Community and Health Studies
The successful candidate will be teaching in classroom, nursing and simulation laboratory and clinical settings in the School of Community and Health Studies. He or she will participate in program and course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program approval, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going future program needs.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management, colleagues from other colleges and universities, community members and other professionals in internal and external educational and practice settings
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based upon the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based work environment, including inter-professional teams
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to engage students and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques and provide regular feedback
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert with current knowledge of issues and trends related to nursing and unregulated health professionals in a global environment, to support curriculum development and revision
Participate in reflective practice for continuing learning and development
Attend meetings, maintain records of student grades/assessments, and participate in activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Evidence of scholarly work (includes presentations and attendance at relevant conferences and other research activities)
- Clinical practice experience within the last three to five years (this may include, but is not limited to: hospital, community, managerial, teaching, and academic experiences)
- Demonstrated experience in teaching nursing and/or relevant work experience
- Experience in course or learning materials development, an asset
- Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community.
||Permanent - Academic
|Additional Information as Applicable
||4 Positions Available
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button"
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by May 20, 2013 Please quote Competition # 13-F-07 Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per Academic Collective Agreement