To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
As Part of a Team: Work collaboratively and support team members during peak periods. The job rotates either at the Triage Desk, Front Counter or Call Centre as the need arises. This ensures that established deadlines, goals and objectives of the Enrolment Services Office are met in a timely and efficient manner. Enrolment services include registering full-time and part-time students into courses sections/programs for three major intake periods in accordance with standard established enrolment requirements, including a broad range of front-line general customer services. This process includes taking payments for various college services and continuously verifying, updating, monitoring and preserving integrated electronic records.
The incumbents perform their work in accordance within parameters of established guidelines, policies, procedures, processes and past practices. The duties of the position require the use of a variety of in-house on-line student registration systems, databases, Academic Information System and websites (e.g., AIS, point-of-sale machines, Q-Matic, myCentennial, etc.)
- Provides information on application process and related tuition options
- Communicates with applicant to resolve problems and information gaps that may prevent admission into programs of their choice. Informs and ‘walks student’ through myCentennial to pay tuition, register in courses, change their address, access grades etc.
- Trouble shoots with students who are not able to access web registration
- Delivers information to prospects and students regarding Continuing Education offerings
- Verifies and updates student record within the Banner, use appropriate systems codes to register students
- Conducts a variety of cashiering duties associated with the registration of Canadian and International students for full-time, part-time and Continuing Education program/courses, locker rentals, parking and various miscellaneous payments
- Provides customer service to prospects, applicants, current students and general public
- Responds to a wide variety of regulatory, general and detailed information requests regarding but not limited to; general academic information; application and academic deadlines; admissions and graduation procedures, OSAP and bursary application processes, transcript requests and request for general information on College services such as the Advising Centre
- Ensures timely provision of accurate responses in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act guidelines and within the parameters of established standard enrolment criteria, policies, procedures, guidelines, processes and practices
- Reviews and ensues completeness of documents and forms and services related requests by verifying eligibility or forwarding request to appropriate department for further action (e.g. transcript requests, transfer credit; program withdrawal, re-admit, transfer, name/address change, replacement photo ID; replacement grade reports; dropping/changing courses – Records, Admissions Representatives, Accounts, academic program area)
- Completes form letters or composes standard responses to specific requests for example; confirmation of enrolment in full-time studies, fees paid, and dental/health insurance
- One year certificate in Business, Administration, or Marketing or equivalent and a Call Centre operations Certificate OR the equivalent background acquired through on-the-job learning and experience
- Minimum three years of experience in a customer-service driven environment, (preferably in a student service environment) with emphasis on interpersonal skills, keyboarding and cashiering, knowledge of PC operations, and integrated student information database systems as well as large on-line computerized record systems
- Knowledge of the province’s high-school system, the college system, the college’s programs, admission procedures, registration procedures and an understanding of what the Banner student system is used for and what types of information it provides
- Motivated to promote and provide quality customer service over the telephone or at the service counter.
- Ability to verbally convey information in a courteous, professional, and well-organized fashion and to do so either in-person or by telephone.
- Strong listening skills with the ability to listen attentively and perceptively
- Ability to work meeting deadlines and complete tasks under pressure
- Ability to quickly learn college policies, procedures, and program/course information in an on-line environment.
- Experience working in a team environment; team player
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence regarding student data (in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act)
- Ability to work variations of a daily work shift (e.g. 12:00pm – 8:00pm) rotations at peak periods. Ability to undertake transfers to another campus
- Experience and success working in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 9:00-5:00 OR 8:30-4:30
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by November 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-67. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$23.55 to $27.30 per hour (Payband E)