To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Regional Manager, Asia Pacific (Contract, 1 year)
||The Regional Manager is one of five regional managers whose portfolio is accountable for providing strategic and innovative direction for shaping the full spectrum of activities associated with International recruitment, admission and registration of international students from Asia Pacific. The incumbent is responsible for strategic leadership in showcasing and raising Centennial’s profile as the provider of quality educational programs in the Asia Pacific Markets. Accountable for implementation of strategic initiatives for aggressively recruiting international students to meet enrolment targets and to identify and assist in the development of new revenue opportunities that contribute to continued financial growth on behalf of Centennial in support of its academic vision and for high quality customer services to international students within Ontario and abroad.
- Contributing to the departments planning and developing of the strategic plan for Centennial’s International recruitment operations.
- Contributing to the international recruitment targets through operational planning and effective utilization of all available resources (physical, human, financial) to ensure that the Colleges international strategic directions are successfully understood and implemented within Ontario and Asia Pacific.
- Leading and managing the support staff team for the geographic area overseeing a coordinated approach for a broad-range of activities and services as it applies to international recruitment, admissions and registration for the recruitment of international students to study at Centennial College.
- Managing off-shore Centennial offices in Asia Pacific and is responsible for identifying new partnerships, strengthening existing partnerships and identifying training opportunities both offshore and in Ontario.
- Building relationships with embassies, government, institutional and community partners as it relates to recruitment and branding Centennial in their geographic area.
- Gathering and analyses market intelligence for their geographic area and is accountable for expert advisory services to the Director contributes to reaching the international target enrolment.
- Leadership in facilitating the processing of admission of the applications from the geographic area.
- Developing and implementation of department’s enrolment services including: the management of agents, analysis of recruitment, marketing strategies and retention of students.
- Working on cross-jurisdictional academic and service teams as it relates to meeting departmental international enrolment and revenue targets.
- Accountable for consultative advice and direction on issues, strategies and options using collaborative approaches to decision making related to the Colleges mandate for coordination, implementation of college-wide activities/services impacting on Centennial’s International recruitment. Represents Centennial College on provincial, national and international organizations, agencies and conferences in their geographic area as required
- Completion of an undergraduate Degree in a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent within a specialty (e.g., BA Admin, Adult Ed., Educational Administration) combined with international management experience in an educational institution or equivalent combination of education and recent experience in similar senior position is required at the point of hire into this position
- Five years (5) experience or equivalent level of education and experience in international recruitment;
- Experience as a recruitment manager or in another leadership role in private or public sector with in-depth understanding of post-secondary education, with an international and entrepreneurial outlook.
- Proficient in reading and writing in Chinese language is mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in a comparable administrative position at an educational institution with responsibilities for an international recruitment or related activities. Accomplished administrator with entrepreneurial and innovative skills to increase international recruitment targets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills with the proven commitment to work effectively across cultures to put responses into context, manage outcomes, gain trust, respect and ensure acceptance by various target communities.
- Proven track record to implement business strategies to increase recruitment of international students to Canada. And demonstrated international business involvement with strong networks
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Proficiency in research methodology, qualitative and quantitative analysis combined with computer technology to gather, analyze and make recommendations concerning recruitment in the geographic area.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legislative processes and other issues related to recruiting international students to Canada.
- Ennhanced knowledge/understanding of societal structures/political dynamics economic/cultural norms/customs and religious restrictions; as well as climatic and infrastructure hurdles inherent in geographic area. Demonstrated pragmatic and analytical skills to deal with hurdles, craft practical solutions to capitalize on educational opportunities in the international arena.
- Superior interpersonal skills to develop manage and maintain a wide-range of stakeholder links/ relationships; facilitate suitable partnerships, diplomatically while working in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated research & analytical skills, to identify/ evaluate new opportunities and issues in international recruitment and the ability to mitigate risks
- Well-developed knowledge of academic programs and educational models and pathways for the purpose of advising potential students and agents.
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario’s postsecondary education & international higher educational issues to meet new educational needs and shifting priorities in international communities.
- Leadership to manage admissions operations combined with relevant knowledge of regulatory policies/procedures/processes and other requirements for Canada and the College
||Contract - Administration
|Additional Information as Applicable
||1 year contract
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by January 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-A-27. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||As per College Policy, $66,603 – $83,254 (Payband 10)