To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Receptionist – Temporary Position (Contract from July 2013 to August 2014)
||School of Continuing Education
Reporting to the Manager of Operations & Services, this position is the first point of contact in the School of Continuing Education. The incumbent will work collaboratively as part of a team, and is responsible for providing a high level of customer service by providing accurate information for all CE courses/programs offered, assistance, advice, direction and problem solving to students, prospective applicants, faculty members and other internal and external contacts. The position also provides a range of office administrative and clerical support to the School of Continuing Education.
- Provides frontline customer service to students, staff and visitors, by phone and in person, in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act guidelines and within the parameters of established standard enrolment criteria, policies, procedures, guidelines, processes and practices
- Redirects calls and questions to appropriate staff
- Supports a team of Program Officers and Management and acts as central back up for two off-site CE campuses (i.e staff on holidays, sick days, busy on phone.).
- Creates a course cancellation worksheet for Continuing Education and updates cancellations daily
- Responsible for advising evening staff of day’s activities
- Responsible for administering and monitoring missed CE student exams, checking photo ID, explaining exam instructions and seating the students in the exam room, adhering to exam rules and regulations
- Responsible for in-coming and out-going mail for the School
- Responsible for ordering photocopy paper, calling Xerox in the event of machine failure and ordering supplies for the photocopier
- Responsible for maintaining front reception, workroom, hallway display units and downloading Room Schedules to Hallway TV monitor on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Two year Community College Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent OR the equivalent combination of education and practical work experience
- Minimum two years of full time office administration experience in a clerical/support role, preferably in an educational institution
- Proven ability to promote and provide quality customer service over the telephone, at the service counter and via email.
- Demonstrated experience and intermediate knowledge of PC software and of integrated student information database systems (e.g., Student Information Systems, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and College Websites).
- Keyboarding skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced computer-based customer service environment
- Ability to conduct on-line database searches using integrated student information systems and networked data and microcomputer applications
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with people in a courteous manner with frequent interruptions
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a culturally diverse environment
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: Variations of daily work shift, with occasional weekend work at peak periods
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by July 17, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-39. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$23.09 to 26.76 per hour (Payband E)