To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Manager, Finance and School Operations
||Morningside Campus with travel to Progress Campus
School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Reporting to the Dean, School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, the Manager of Finance and School Operations is accountable for the leadership and service excellence in all day-to-day school operations. The incumbent is responsible for planning and implementing operational systems, information technology, and systems development and management. The incumbent manages projects to meet the School’s evolving goals and objectives and is the primary contact for all logistical aspects of the School’s functioning.
The Manager is responsible for the School budget for departments such as Applied Biological and Environmental Science, Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Technology, and Information & Communication Engineering Technology.
||The Manager of Finance and School Operations is directly responsible for:
- Managing and controlling operational and capital budgets, monthly reporting, and supporting academic Chairs, managers and Dean in budget preparation
- Managing/controlling purchase orders and budget preparation for special projects.
- Developing budgets and monitoring externally-funded research projects.
- Responsibility for and providing leadership, supervision and direction to the Senior Financial Officer and support staff at two campuses.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, evaluation and development of staff.
- Ensuring coordination with all programs and faculty to ensure students’ course requirements and learning outcomes are facilitated at all times.
- Developing and implementing a broad range of marketing initiatives intended to support the growth of all of the various programs and activities of the School.
- Participating in college-level planning initiatives and committee activities as requested by the Dean or on behalf of Dean.
- Promoting an atmosphere of team effort and ensuring high standards of customer service.
- 4 Year University degree in Business or Commerce with specialization in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Professional accounting designation such as CMA or CGA.
- 7 Years of management experience covering business strategy, operations management, project management, marketing and communications, office systems, information technology
- 2-3 Years of financial management experience with responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, and developing/implementing financial controls and reporting.
- 3-5 Years in a supervisory role with experience in staffing, employee and labour relations, job evaluation, policy development, and performance management.
- Experience working in a unionized environment with negotiation and administration of collective agreements and grievance resolution is an asset.
- Proficiency with large computerized financial systems and/or student information systems.
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills.
- Leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment.
||Permanent - Administration
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now! button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
If you are qualified for this position, please apply as soon as possible. When applying, your cover letter and résumé should include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online. Please quote Competition #13-A-03. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$75,121 to $93,901 annually (Payband 11)