To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||School of Community and Health Studies
The Health Studies labs support approximately 1800 students and faculty across a number of programs. This position is responsible to support the ongoing operation of the many types of Health Studies lab facilities. The incumbent is expected to provide a high level of support to all of the students and faculty who use the labs in addition to ensuring that the environment (including equipment and supplies) facilitates the specific learning objectives for each program and course.
- Responding expertly to all questions and concerns regarding all aspects of lab operations and providing technical expertise in the operation of equipment and use of supplies
- Assisting with scheduling changes and unexpected conflicts as they arise
- Preparing supply kits and organizing equipment for each scheduled lab activity according to the instruction of each program and providing supplies for students’ self-scheduled practice outside of lab hours
- Responsible for facilitating the annual simulation exercises of major healthcare and first response agencies across the GTA
- Directly and indirectly assures that adequate supply inventories are maintained across the various labs, reordering on a timely basis as needed
- Works with other areas of the College to ensure that students have the required equipment and materials for their programs
- Participates in all annual Health Science labs inventory audits
- Identify repair and maintenance items to the Manager, Lab Operations as well as engage in the on-going care and maintenance of equipment
- Collates and manages disposal of Bio-Hazard Waste Material for all Health Sciences labs
- Thoroughly researches new equipment acquisitions and projects to ensure compliance with program/project needs
- Identify and making purchase recommendations for equipment, supplies and evaluate potential suppliers
- Preparing purchase requisitions, coordinating with vendors and internal purchasing officers, tracking purchases and ensuring purchases meet expectations in accordance with College policies and procedures
- Support of clinical simulation equipment including providing assistance to malfunctioning models and working with Simulation Technologist for equipment scenarios
- Two year diploma in Business or Material Management OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of related experience in , planning and executing equipment and materials purchasing (preferably in an academic environment); communicating/liaising with college level students; and scheduling labs
- Experience with scheduling , and purchasing
- Flexibility to shift priorities; reaching compromises in changing priorities/deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, dealing with people in a courteous manner with frequent interruptions
- Strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills with strength in tact and diplomacy
- Leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Experience and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Monday to Friday, 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by January 28, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #14-S-04 . Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$27.46 to $31.83 per hour (Payband G)