To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Professor – Biomedical Engineering Technology
||School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Information & Communication Engineering Technology (ICET) Department
The successful candidate will provide leadership as a full-time Professor by teaching in classroom, laboratory and field settings for the Biomedical Engineering Technology (BET) program. He or she will lead capstone project courses, participate in program development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going future program needs.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners.
Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based upon the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity.
Work effectively in a team-based work environment.
Create a positive teaching and learning environment.
Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies to enhance the student learning experience.
Use academic technology to effectively engage students in design, development and implementation of technical projects.
Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques and provide regular feedback.
Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students.
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers.
Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours.
Contribute as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas outlined below to support curriculum development and revision.
Maintain and expand contacts with biomedical industry including biopharma, hospital, pharmaceutical, contract research, academic, veterinarian, regulatory and professional associations.
Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery methodologies.
Remain current in trends and standards related to biomedical engineering including Canadian acts, legislation, and regulations.
- Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a Biomedical Specialization.
- Demonstrated specialization and current understanding of two or more of the following areas: rehabilitation engineering, bioengineering, medical device engineering, nanotechnology or new product development.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a biomedical engineer in a biomedical environment performing research, design, development, troubleshooting and planned maintenance on biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective device operation.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience at the adult and/or post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated competence in new product development and lifecycle management including safety and certification.
- Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using desktop and mobile devices and applications.
- Proven strong connections with the biomedical industry (biopharma, hospital, pharmaceutical, contract research, academic, veterinarian, regulatory and professional associations).
- Experience in course or learning materials development and program related applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse student, staff and college community.
||Permanent - Academic
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by February 7, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-F-21. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||As per Academic Collective Agreement