To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Program Consultant, Aerospace Sector (2 year Contract)
||Reporting to the Dean, School of Transportation (with secondary reporting to other Centennial Schools involved in Aerospace training), the Program Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and facilitating working groups comprised of College, industry, government and other relevant organizations for the purpose of identifying, developing and documenting programming needs for the Aerospace sector.
- Coordinates and participates in DACUM process with key stakeholders in the Aerospace sector to: identify HR and skill needs, define key job categories and skill profiles, develop new programs, prioritize needs for planned phase-in of new programs, and existing program growth
- Identifies program resource needs that include: fiscal planning, revenue projections, capital and human resource needs for new programming opportunities
- Facilitates the development of new academic programs/courses and the ongoing review of existing programs to reflect changing technology, economics and markets influences, and employment opportunities
- Works collaboratively with other Centennial schools in the development of an Aerospace sector approach as part of the overall College academic planning process
- Participates in the development of new program and delivery strategies (e.g. domestic, international and alternative delivery methods)
- Coordinates external program approval and/or accreditation processes for new programming
- Develops strategic alliances and partnerships while working closely with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. employers, partners, sector groups, etc) to determine current and future skill needs of the aerospace industry
- Maintains a high level of educational standards to meet the needs of students and business partners by providing appropriate programming
- Works respectfully in an unionized environment
- A degree, diploma or certificate relevant to the aircraft operations, manufacturing and/or maintenance facets of the aerospace sector – or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Leadership experience in a post secondary education or corporate training environment
- Demonstrated competences in instructional design/curriculum development – teaching, and experience with the DACUM process would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and project management
- Knowledge of and experience working effectively with external agencies and industry association (e.g. government, employers, sector councils, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience with budget development, financial management and program funding models
- Demonstrated ability to use collaborative approaches to resolve complex issues in a unionized setting and across departmental or divisional boundaries
- Working effectively in a diverse environment
||Contract - Administration
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online. Please quote Competition #12-A-23. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$79, 654 to $106,206 (Payband 12)