To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Pension Consultant (1 year contract), Human Resources Department
||The Pension Consultant is responsible for the administration of the College’s of Ontario Applied Arts & Technology (CAAT) defined benefit pension plan at Centennial College.The position provides senior-level consultative services to employees, retirees, survivors and management regarding the Plan. The incumbent ensures the function operates effectively and efficiently, and adheres to all established directives and policies. The incumbent is responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive counselling and communication strategy to assist clients who are transitioning from active to retiree status.
- Administers the College’s overall Pension and Retirement Program including responding to employee inquiries, preparing reports and filing all required forms and paperwork to CAAT.
- Acts and Colleges main liaison with CAAT and the point of contract for all information, directives and/or Plan changes.
- Consults with clients to facilitate retirement process including retirement transition discussion and preparation, CPP/OAS education, projected pension estimates, identifying retiree health benefit needs.
- Administers early leave retirement incentive programme
- Provides on-boarding pension education including buyback of prior service and prior employer transfers.
- Designs, delivers and/or facilitates Pension and Retirement presentations.
- Completes year-end pension reconciliation in preparation for annual pension statements
- Acts as key resource in analysis, interpretation and application of Plan text, College policies and government regulations, resolving complex pension issues, researching history, co-ordinating administrative services and other related activities.
- Works closely with Benefits Consultant to ensure a complete and seamless total rewards strategy covering the full employee career cycle, from on-boarding through to retirement.
- Degree ( Business Administration, Finance) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pension Plan Administration Certification (PPAC)
- Canadian Employee Benefits (CEB) and/or Financial Planning Certification would be an asset
- 5-7 years progressive pension experience
- Extensive work experience in calculating pension entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown
- Solid understanding of PAs, PSPAs and PARs
- In depth knowledge of related provincial and federal pension legislation and Income Tax Act provisions
- Knowledge of group benefits
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills with ability to manage multiple competing tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Superior tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong mathematical aptitude with some understanding of actuarial principles
- Proven ability using MS Excel and Word, as well as experience with HRIS systems
||Contract - Administration
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||1 year contract
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by December 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-A-26. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$ 59,207 to $74,009 annually