To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Simulation Lab Technologist
School of Community and Health Studies
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
In collaboration with the Manager of School Operations, the Manager of Health Studies Lab Operations, and program leads, the incumbent will operate, maintain and support the electronic human simulators and the equipment in the Health Studies Lab, Communications Labs and Inter-professional Simulation Center.
In addition to working with faculty, staff and students in the Inter-professional Simulation Centre:
- Install, calibrate and maintain electronic equipment
- Program, test and run scenarios with faculty instructors
- Set-up and prepare equipment, ensuring functionality prior to simulation activities and dismantle simulation equipment, supplies and technology once simulation activity is complete
- Organize, monitor and maintain an inventory of simulation equipment
- Prepare and periodically revise manuals and supplemental handout material for students and faculty as required
- Produce simulation schedules for all sections and or projects of all programs
- Efficiently schedule space and equipment for labs, research projects and open access times
- Work with lab staff to maintain, clean and secure simulation and lab equipment
- Create innovative ideas, evaluate new equipment and identify opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education
- Demonstrate and explain to faculty and students the proper and safe use of various equipment items and materials
- Document simulation scenarios and research data
- Participate in on-campus and off-campus student recruitment and college events
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based upon the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- 2 year College Diploma in Health Studies or Electronics OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional training or certificate in WHMIS required
Two years of demonstrated work experience in a simulation environment or lab setting within an academic environment, communicating and liaising with college level students
Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and fix equipment in a timely fashion
Ability to manage hardware and software related to simulators and audio/video/computer equipment
Ability to coordinate, organize, plan and problem solve
Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to work with a team and independently
Ability to occasionally lift heavy equipment and supplies
Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
||Permanent - Support
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by February 11, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-05. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$29.12- $33.80 per hour (Payband H)