To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Library Technician – Temporary Position (Sept. 12, 2013 to Dec. 28, 2014)
||At any of the 4 campuses
Reporting to the Director of the Learning Resource Centre, the successful incumbent will provide library and learning centre, services to library clients associated with Centennial College in-person, by phone, via e-mail, and on-line, and will conduct various duties in library technical services and operations.
||Provides services to users in the following areas:
- Provides reference services for College students, faculty and staff by conducting searches of catalogues, databases, reference materials and collections using print and electronic sources.
- Conducts demonstrations on the correct use and application of Library equipment, catalogues, databases, the Internet and reference materials.
- Performs all circulation transactions using an integrated library system including registering clients, issuing library cards, signing materials in/out, placing holds, collecting fines, and collecting payment for lost materials
- Provides timely and efficient circulation of Library materials and equipment.
Learning Centre services
- Identifies peer tutor requirements in various program areas; recruits, interviews and recommends peer tutors for hiring; assists students in identifying tutoring needs and explains tutoring policies and procedures.
Technical Services and Operations
- Prepares materials for cataloguing and processing; produces and maintains files, records, collections, storage facilities and listings of Library materials. Processes materials to add to the collection.Conducts a variety of collection maintenance activities.
- Promotes and markets the Library and Learning Resource Centres, including participation in orientation days and service fairs, creating and installing displays, developing flyers, posters and presentations
- Participates on various Library, College and external committees
- 2 year Library and Information Technician CAAT diploma
- 4 year post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a diverse library environment performing public service work such as, library orientation, circulation and library support/technical service
- Experience providing reference and information services using print and online reference sources
- Customer service skills, including the ability to resolve difficult situations to reach mutually satisfactory conclusions.
- Demonstrated oral and written English language communications skills.
- Experience using MS Office and SIRSI Circulation and OPAC modules.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Temporary - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Temporary Contract: Sept. 12, 2013 to Dec. 28, 2014 ; Current Shift Schedule: Shift rotation between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by August 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-48. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$26.92 to $31.21 per hour (Payband G)