To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Centennial College Youth Entrepreneurship Manager
||Applied Research & Innovation Centre
The Youth Entrepreneurship Manager has overall responsibility for the successful execution of Centennial College’s Business Plan for the Campus-Linked Accelerator Program. The Youth Entrepreneurship Manager will meet or exceed all identified performance targets, and deliver programs and services on schedule and within budget.
- Supervise a team that includes other CLA staff, paid mentors, and volunteers to meet the CLA Business Plan objectives
- Comply with all College policies, procedures, guidelines, processes, and obligations, with the responsibilities and obligations outlined in the contribution agreement for the CLA Business Plan
- Actively participate in and provide periodic reports to the Regional Entrepreneurship Advisory Committee that include several regional private and public sector representatives with an interest in fostering youth entrepreneurship in eastern GTA
- Actively mentor student and youth startups for at least 25% of their time.
- All relevant post-secondary education will be considered
- 5 years of experience as a successful entrepreneur or as a mentor/advisor to entrepreneurs
- Proven record of mentoring, coaching, or advising youth, especially those facing barriers
- Accomplishments as a supervisor or manager with fiduciary responsibilities and managing people
- Working effectively and communicating persuasively with diverse stakeholders from government, academia, industry, and community organizations
- Experience with entrepreneurship acceleration or incubation programs
- Experience raising capital from angel networks, and venture funds
- Experience performing due diligence on prospective investees and managing investments
||Contract - Administration
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Administration- Contract (term-limited, two-year full-time employment position); This competition will be Open until filled
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online. Please quote Competition #14-A-09. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
||As per College Policy