To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Chair, Academic Programs
||Progress & Ashtonbee Campus
School of Continuing Education
Reporting to the Dean, Continuing Education & Corporate Training, the incumbent is accountable for creating a diverse, dynamic and innovative Continuing Education program that meets the life-long learning requirements of part-time students, business, industry, public agencies and the community at large. The Chair has direct accountability for enrolment and resource (i.e. faculty and space) planning in this portfolio and is responsible for driving marketing, growth and expansion of programs. He/she manages the portfolio as a profit centre, and is also accountable for providing academic leadership, management, and administration to the part time faculty, program supervisors, technicians and support staff in the department. He/she is responsible for monitoring emerging trends and the effective planning, development, marketing, delivery and evaluation of part-time credit, and professional association’s programs, courses, workshops and seminars.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of new courses, programs and/or delivery strategies and the review of programs/ courses.
- Allocating and negotiating for the provision of teaching, learning and service.
- Developing and fostering of positive relationships within the College and externally with associations, learning partners and other providers of training.
- Strategic and management accountabilities for the enrolment function for Continuing Education prior to start of term.
- Lead, plan and provide input to the financial plan and department budget
- Responsible for budget management and expenditure control within the portfolio.
Ensuring the effective use and allocation of resources for the Faculty, including reallocation when appropriate
- Managing the support functions for faculty and students, providing daily direction and support.
- Ensuring operational goals and objectives are met by effectively recruiting, selecting, developing, motivating and evaluating faculty and staff.
- Working with Marketing (BDD and Corporate) to determine marketing strategies and creating content for promotions, website, calendar and other collateral.
- Fostering a team approach to customer service and problem solving.
- Monitoring external environments and determining new market opportunities and appropriate program and service strategies.
- Leading and participating on various internal and external committees in addition to establishing strategic external partnerships.
- Participating in other projects and initiatives as required.
- A degree or diploma in a range of disciplines including Arts and Science, Business or Education
- Seven years of experience working in a post-secondary educational or related corporate training environment
- Teaching experience an asset, as well as community college experience
- Progressive management experience within an educational and/or industrial environment with a unionized workforce
- Experience in administrative leadership, including business related strategic planning
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of adult education.
- Provides and promotes a respectful and supportive environment based upon the principles of inclusively, equity and diversity
- Entrepreneurial and managerial experience in portfolio areas
- A skillful communicator with considerable competence in team building and effective team management
- Proven leadership ability with students, staff, public and business clients, and government agencies within a multicultural community
- Demonstrated management skills, including financial management, planning, organizing, project management and implementation; public relations and marketing skills
- Dispute resolution skills and diplomacy to facilitate consultation and to manage conflicting needs of constituents.
- Program assessment and development skills
- Promotes, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to supervise staff in a unionized environment is essential
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and integrate the College’s mission, vision and values
||Permanent - Administration
|| Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-A-05. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$75,121 to $93,901 (Payband 11)