To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
||Program Quality Data Analyst, Initiatives/Opportunities (Contract – Feb. to Nov. 2013 with possibility of extension)
||Progress (with travel to all Centennial Campuses)
Office of Academic Excellence
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
The Program Quality Data Analyst supports the comprehensive program quality review process (CPQR) for Centennial College’s academic programs. Working with the Program Review Guidelines and CPQR report template, the Program Quality Data Analyst identifies, sources, collects, prepares and analyzes information relevant to each program under CPQR.
**NOTE: The position is required full-time for 11 months in 2013 due to a heavy workload for a special project to review all programs in a School as part of the School’s Re-vitalization Plan.
||Primary duties include:
- Identifying data requirements for each program under CPQR
- Preparation of data collection and presentation tools (i.e. templates, charts, graphs, surveys, etc.)
- Collecting data from identified sources (e.g. KPI scores, enrolment information, comparator programs, market demand, etc.)
- Scheduling and conducting stakeholder satisfaction research (i.e. surveys and focus groups)
- Presenting the data into a finished format using charts and graphics
- Coordination of meetings with CPQR Leads to review/analyze the data collected and identify how the information should be used in their program review report
- Assist Leads in identifying trends and critical action items based on the data provided, as well as any gaps in the data for further research/analysis
- Prepare and present data collection strategies and tools to groups of faculty involved in the CPQR process
- Prepare summaries for focus groups and statistical reports, as required.
||This position requires a strong background, understanding and competency with market research design and statistical analysis achieved through:
- Four year degree program, with training in statistical and/or quantitative analysis OR market analysis (preference for Masters)
- 3 years of related, practical experience working with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, to analyze trends and to guide and advise others on corrective measures, including developing surveys and facilitating focus groups (preferably in post-secondary education environment)
- Demonstrated experience with quality assurance and program evaluation practices
- Demonstrated presentation, research and report writing abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in providing one-on-one support and imparting processes and procedures
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, assessment and outcomes-based education
- Knowledge of program mapping, development of programs at the postsecondary level and Ministry frameworks
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and basic proficiency skills in SPSS
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate projects and meetings. ensuring timelines are met
- Organizational and administrative skills, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in a variety of formats and effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision to achieve departmental objectives and provide service
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the diverse needs of our students, staff and college community
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||8:30 am to 4:30 pm (hours may vary to accommodate work requirements); Initiatives and Opportunities (Contract – Feb. to Nov. 2013 with possibility of extension)
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and should be submitted electronically by January 25, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Please quote Competition #13-S-02. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$31.56 to $36.58 (Payband I)