To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Senior Digital Content Specialist
||Marketing and Communications
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Reporting to the Director – Marketing, and Digital Communications, the Senior Online Marketing Specialist is responsible for the daily content upkeep and maintenance of the college’s websites (Internet & Intranet). This includes maintaining the systems that support news stories, success stories, events, and all top-level pages.
- Develop websites and templates within the Centennial College content management system (CMS) using the .Net framework, and C# programming language.
- Develop web forms using PHP and ASP and integrating scripts with MS Access database.
- Troubleshoots and identifies programming inefficiencies in the CMS application and scripted add-ons, and prepares resolution plans to, script and implement optimal solution.
- Ensure all web pages are search engine optimized.
- Write content and produce graphics for news, events, and all top level pages needing revision
- Respond to requests for web updates from internal stakeholders
- Write and edit content for the college websites
- Provide technical/non-technical support, programming services and advice to internal stakeholders in developing new web sections
- Develop complex Adobe Flash animations as needed
- Develop ASP.NET templates and website style sheets (CSS)
- Develop web based forms that communicate with database technologies
- Troubleshoot all technical/non-technical issues that may arise
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Four year Degree in Business or Marketing, with a Diploma or Professional Certification in Computer Science as well as training in web technologies and design, OR the equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Five years of experience with client technology, content management systems, web development and design, and interactive animations
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, time management and client management.
- Demonstrated online writing, authoring, and editing skills
- Strong communication skills with a firm grasp of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and client service skills, with ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button.
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 08, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-13. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$31.56 to $36.58 per hour (Payband I)