To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||I.T. Helpdesk Telecommunications Specialist
||Information Technology Division
The I.T. Helpdesk Telecommunications Specialist is the first point of contact responsible for providing college-wide, technical support for all employees and students via I.T. Helpdesk. Helpdesk Specialists are accessible remotely by e-mail, telephone (using call centre technology); to perform diagnostics and problem resolution of IT related issues such as access to corporate systems, application/hardware issues and network problems. The incumbent provides coaching to clients in the use of corporate systems such as web portal (myCentennial), e-mail (Lotus Notes), student information system (Banner), learning management system (eCentennial), operating systems (Windows/MAC/Mobile), Active Directory, and Microsoft Office. The incumbent is also responsible to backing-up the Telecommunications Specialists during peak times, absences, etc.
||Systems Administration, Security and Integrity
- Performs and facilitates the process of setting up/changing/disabling/terminating accounts and access to corporate systems for all employees and students.
- Performs and facilitates process of setting up/changing/disabling/terminating telecommunication access for all employees.
- Performs verification of identity prior to resetting of IT accounts
- Systems access maintenance
- Work order system maintenance
- Performs updates and installs for the prevention of virus infiltration
- Incorporates College policies and procedures into IT Helpdesk business practices
Hardware and Software Triage
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots complex network problems including identifying NetWare server issues, software incompatibility, hardware/software performance, and network configuration problems remotely by telephone, e-mail and/or remote access
- Uses remote access to diagnose and repair a pc/laptop without the need to send a service technician/Technologist.
- Generates work orders and assigns to appropriate work team for incidents and service requests
- Liaises between clients and IT for IT services
- Coaches employees on navigation of Corporate systems such as web portal (myCentennial), e-mail (Lotus Notes), student information system (Banner), operating systems (Windows/MAC/Mobile), Active Directory, learning management system (eCentennial) and Microsoft Office.
- Coaches employees on ‘how to’ use hardware such as, Xerox devices.
- Coaches students on navigation of web registration (course add/drop/change, fee payment) for full and part time students
- Coaches students on the navigation of web portal (myCentennial) and learning management system (eCentennial)
- Coaches students on ‘how to’ get T220A tax receipt, grade look-up, transcripts etc…
- Provides first-call resolution using exceptional customer service
- Generates quality assurance data for Manager via Call Management System (CMS)
- Generates MAC (move/add change) requests for I.T. department
- Coordinates client requests for telephone equipment, repairs, cabling, phone extension and phantom numbers
- Administers long distance authorization code system (Avotis)
- Updates internal telephone directory as required
- 3 Year diploma/degree that includes the following areas: Computer operating systems, current business software applications, voice and data communications fundamentals, hardware fundamentals, pc troubleshooting and repair, networking fundamentals OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Call Centre Operations Certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- 2 years’ experience working in a call/contact centre environment troubleshooting computer and telecommunications hardware, and software/network issues
- Experience coaching clients on 'how-to' use current corporate applications
- Experience using call management systems for the purpose of report generation
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
||Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by February 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #14-S-17. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$27.46 to $31.83 per hour (Payband G )