To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Director of Operations, Office of Development and Alumni Engagement
||As a senior member of the Centennial College Office of Development and Alumni Engagement (ODAE), the Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Centennial’s Development Office. Reporting to the Executive Director in the ODAE, the Director of Operations will oversee a support staff of five, provide stewardship for the office, and monitor the budget and donor relations. The incumbent will represent Centennial in a professional manner in all donor-related activities. The Director of Operations will assist the Executive Director in the overall strategic planning of Centennial’s fundraising campaigns and the College’s alumni relations program.
- Assist the Executive Director in the overall strategic direction of the College’s public fundraising campaigns and alumni relations program by ensuring an effective support system is in placeResponsible for developing and maintaining the donor relations and stewardship programs
- Develop research support programs which are based on market trends and analysis
- Provide strategic direction and advise on key donor/prospect relationships
- Responsible for developing, designing and maintaining a database management system to track and maintain campaign data
- Responsible for the design, brand and development of all marketing for the College’s public fundraising campaigns in conjunction with the Executive Director ODAE and Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communication
- Establish, monitor and revise appropriate policies and procedures to ensure efficient daily operations of the department
- Direct the implementation and evaluate departmental procedures to improve customer service, reduce paper-flow, and improve data management; oversee changes as required
- Prepare and manage the operating budget to achieve departmental objectives
- 4 Year degree in Business Administration or similar field of study
- Master’s Business Administration degree would be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency regulations for charitable donations
- Knowledge of gift cycle and personal cultivation and solicitation methods
- Knowledge of AFP ethical fundraising code – code of ethics and accountability
- Minimum of 9 years experience in fundraising and donor relations and development, and/or a business-related field (CFRE designation is preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated high levels of operational expertise and proven experience in a leadership role
- Senior level experience in strategic decision making, human relations, relationship management skills and experience leading a results-driven team
- Strong financial management experience, including managing and overseeing office budgets
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Comprehensive management skills and experience are required including short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing, motivating and leading staff to meet targets
- Demonstrated successful track record in the planning, design, and implementing of successful fund development strategies and programs
**Relevant work experience will also be reviewed and taken under consideration**
||Permanent - Administration
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by January 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-A-25. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||$89, 578 - $119,437 (Payband 13)