To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Clinical Instructor - Personal Support Worker (Part-time and Sessional)
||Centennial HP Science and Technology Centre, Morningside Campus
||School of Community and Health Studies
The successful applicant will provide instruction and feedback to students at all levels of nursing education (Personal Support Worker, Practical Nursing, Bridging to University Nursing and Collaborative Nursing Degree) in practice settings and/or the classroom. The candidate will be required to communicate collaboratively with colleagues and students and act as College representatives at the various community and health care institutions.
||In addition to teaching assigned courses, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity, including the critical examination of classroom materials and instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers to learning and engagement
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- In cooperation with program and faculty leadership, adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Provide academic support to students prior and after class and by electronic communication
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities surrounding teaching and learning
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Undergraduate degree and/or Masters in health-related discipline
- Progressive experience in current nursing practice
- Minimum 3 years recent clinical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
||Part Time - Academic
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Part-time and Sessional
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-F-02. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||As per College Policy