To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
||Payroll Administrator, Human Resources Department
||Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for producing on a timely and accurate basis, part-time payrolls in accordance with the collective agreements, college and government policies, regulations, and guidelines. Payrolls included (but not limited to) are: Work Study, Co-op Students, Summer Students, Projects, Retirees, Part-time Support and Contract Lump Sum.
The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring hours submitted electronically by hourly part-time employees on a biweekly basis into the Banner system; organizing and filing all employee files for the Payroll department, sorting, date stamping, and distributing all incoming mail for the department on a daily basis, as well as monitoring the Payroll department email address.
Confidentiality and discretion are key elements of this position. All information must be carefully and consistently recorded, and a high level of concentration is required to maintain accuracy under tight deadlines, while also protecting the misuse of data.
- Input employee contracts into Banner payroll system to hire new employees
- Input exceptions and payroll related information into Banner payroll system
- Review, audit, correct, and monitor electronic time sheets for part-time employees biweekly
- Research employee earnings history to calculate pensionable earnings and create pension/benefit profiles
- Maintain all employee files within an organized filing system, including preparation of new employee files and archiving of terminated employee files
- Receive, organize, date stamp and distribute all documents received in the Human Resources/Payroll department then distribute to the appropriate administrator
- Monitor Payroll email daily and assign to appropriate administrator for action
- Perform back-up duties for other team members during high volume periods or when the department is short-staffed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 Year diploma in an Accounting program, or equivalent
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Association Certification - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- 3 Years proven experience in the use of payroll data entry systems and report writer capabilities in a payroll environment using an in-house integrated payroll and HRIS computerized system (Banner an asset)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of payroll legislative requirements and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize large volumes of input documents
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, adjust priorities, and meet inflexible deadlines in a busy environment
- Proven interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with internal and external users, individually and in a team environment
- Ability to interact and communicate respectfully within the multicultural College community
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Contract until Jan 2014, Current Shift Schedule: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
||Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by December 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-S-64. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
||$24.91 to $ 28.88per hour (Payband F)