To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now!
If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume
button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
Centre for Students with Disabilities, Student Life Enhancement Division
(This position is initially open to full time, bargaining unit employees of the college)
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Student Development, Transitions and Service Learning, the incumbent manages the front desk operations for Counselling and the Centre for Students with Disabilities facility (Progress Campus). The incumbent will also have a dotted line reporting to the Administrative Manager of Student Community and Engagement in relation to office coordination and personnel support. S/he also provides a range of supports to the CSD team and the Progress Counselling team and supports CSD specialist projects, events and activities as required.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Progress CSD/Counselling Office answering enquiries, addressing faculty queries and questions, providing departmental and College information and supplying documentation, booking appointments on behalf of Counsellors and CSD staff, assisting CSD with test schedules and other accommodation based appointments, triaging students in distress, advising and referring students, and prioritizing cases for appointments, as appropriate
- Communicates and operates within a variety of mediums, including face-to-face interactions, telephone and email communications, video exchanges, social networking and all other communication mediums used by those with disabilities.
- Administers student files, paperwork and datasets (College and Departmental based): processing client communications and inputting and preparing client data, as required, filing client information electronically and in hard copy and receiving/sending client documentation
- Assists with the promotion, setup, hosting, clean up and post-event review of Progress Campus CSD and Counselling hosted workshops, programmes and events.
- Assists with the research, drafting, processing and distribution of student focused self-help materials, procedural guidelines, tip sheets, promotional materials, administrative templates and student feedback processes (in hard copy and electronic format).
- Works closely with the Disability Assistant Technicians (DAT) at Progress Campus to support the CSD student experience, especially at busy times and in the DAT’s absence, undertaking a number of tasks to ensure students can complete tests (including invigilation), have access to appropriate technology and can secure specialist CSD Staff support as required.
- Provides administrative support with regard to tracking departmental attendance and vacation recording, purchasing, tracking, distribution of supplies, booking meetings, note taking, processing expense claims, computer/phone requests
- Preparing communications (letters, memos, reports, communiques, flyers) for hard copy and electronic use.
- Reviewing, responding, assessing and distributing, incoming mail and electronic communications (mainly the CSD generic email service).
- 2-year College diploma in Business Administration or related field OR equivalent
- Minimum three years full time office administration experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably post-secondary
- Experience in organising meetings, developing agendas and preparing minutes.
- Demonstrated experience of front line customer service and knowledge and commitment to high standards of service and appreciation of good customer care practices.
- Understanding of disabilities and disability related accommodations
- Ability to work independently and effectively on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well, with speed and accuracy, under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and team relationships.
- Demonstrated tact and, diplomacy
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment.
||Permanent - Support
|Hours of Work
|Additional Information as Applicable
||Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon to Fri
Apply online by clicking the "Apply Now!" button
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by June 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #13-S-27 Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
||$23.09 to $26.76 per hour (Payband E)