|Requested Start Date If Not ASAP
6 month contract
Payroll Analyst – Operation / Tax Staff Processing
- This position plays a vital role concerning compliance issues and the proper set up of Employee Tax Data on a Federal, State and Local level. Analysts are responsible for supporting the functions associated with accurately updating the payroll system to reflect current tax laws and company tax information. This requires the employee to be able to research and interpret Federal, state and local taxation.
- The Staff and Operations Processing position will analyze and update employee records to ensure employees are paid properly as a result of PAY011 errors, validation reports and/or employee inquiries. Tax inquiries are handled in an Enterprise approach dealing with all levels of the employee population through a Call Center environment. This position works closely with HR and Payroll Support in establishing Tax Locations and validating table update entries.
- Federal, State and local fallout from transmission files submitted to Tax vendor (ADP) are investigated and corrective action provided in addition to the Quarterly balancing and Tax Update validation. This often involves correction to employee records.
- Employee will create and issue W-2C’s and provide a breakdown analysis of W-2 statements as required.
- In addition, this position is responsible for processing miscellaneous payroll tax forms such as SSA 131, Tax Mandates and Housing Authority requests as well as processing files from vendors for tuition, stock and relocations.
- Responding to Enterprise tax inquiries and issues received either by ACD calls, emails or live chats. Researching the items, documenting findings and providing direct feedback to the employee
- ADP Fallout and Suspense research and updating
- New York state split calculations
- Process legal and governments tax forms (SSA 131, Tax Mandates Housing Authority Letters, Subpoena requests)
- W-2 balancing, 1099 processing and create W-2C
- Create W-2 breakdowns upon request
- Process daily Tax and Wage Adjustment
- Process tax refunds and collections as required
- Weekly Stock Option, Monthly Tuition and Quarterly Relocation files
- Monthly SSA verification file
- Update Tax Locations as requested
- Successorship Transfers – including issuing SSG identification number and IRS audit letters
- Investigate and update employee tax data associated with PAY011 errors
- Assist with data research for audits and ADP and PeopleSoft Tax Updates
- Update employee tax data for State and Federal Withholding, VISA and Non-Resident Aliens using PeopleSoft HRMS
- Investigation and respond to Federal and State Assessments and Account Reconciliations inquiries
- Support payroll tax projects that affect employee payroll tax information including updates required by changes in payroll tax law, system issues, employee transfers etc.
- General responsibilities to perform employee tax transactional updates within the Payroll system
- Provide support to Payroll systems team relating to project testing efforts.
- Ability to identify and communicate process improvements as identified in the normal performance of daily functional activities.
- Cooperatively interact with peers to resolve employee questions/issues.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good experience with PeopleSoft HRMS and Payroll processing responsibilities
- Good experience with end to end payroll processing requirements.
- Understanding of year-end processing procedures and payroll rules.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Very strong Customer Service skills desirable (both oral and written).
- Finance Operations such as Payroll experience desirable.
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- General understanding of required compliance with legal, regulatory, and financial requirements governing functional tasks and activities.
- Possess knowledge of payroll practices, policies and procedures
- Flexible scheduling to meet processing demands, as required
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive
- Good quantitative, organizational and analytical skills
- Possesses very good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to communicate to Supervisor and Manager levels
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously
- Team oriented individual who interacts and supports team members, team building
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in HRMS/Payroll Processing system applications
- CPP Certification desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience desired