Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Submit Your Resume Now! and we will walk you through our online process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply for this PositionTell A Friend
||Silverado - Hospice
||TX - Sugar Land - Hospice
||United States [US]
||Spiritual Care Counselor / Chaplain - Hospice Services - Part-Time
Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking an experienced part-time Spiritual Care Counselor to join our Hospice psychosocial care team in the Sugar Land area.
In this position you will work with closely the interdisciplinary team and provide spiritual counseling and crisis intervention in order to adequately address the psychosocial needs of hospice patients and their families.
General responsibilities include:
- Available to patients and their families for regular and emergency visits.
- Interprets patient and family needs, both spiritually and emotionally.
- Participates in the on-call counselor rotation.
- Uses his/herself in response to discovered needs by developing a relationship which is supportive to the patient and their families.
Ideal candidate background and experience includes:
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Divinity or a field closely related to religious studies and be ordained or certified by an appropriate ecclesiastical body.
- Clinical Pastoral Education Units (CPE units) is highly preferred.
- Previous Hospice experience is a plus.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and auto insurance.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
||Please see Job Description